Dave2 said in June 4th, 2009 at 3:27 pm

I’d think the reason you are writing a third post about two previous posts is so that you get yet another two “NEW BLOG POST” tweets posted to Twitter. You simply won’t be satisfied until all of Twitter has been taken over by announcements of new blog posts at Shiny’s Takeout!

I am anxiously anticipating a new post talking about this post talking about the previous two posts so your smiling face doesn’t leave my Twitter feed.

Dave2s last blog post..Escape

shiny said in June 4th, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Dave2: I’m not saying you’re wrong. Nor am I saying you’re right.

Instead, I’m just using this space to let you know that I’m listening to “Don’t Cry Out Loud” by Melissa Manchester on blip.fm.

Dave2 said in June 4th, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Wow! I love that song! Why didn’t you Twitter that Blip?

Dave2s last blog post..Escape

Avitable said in June 4th, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Wait, who the fuck died and why should I care? I don’t watch the news.

Avitables last blog post..The shallow movie critic

Hilly said in June 4th, 2009 at 7:28 pm

I’m confused. Something about hot lesbians and three blog posts in a row? I get all twitchy about political posts so I’ll be over here waxing poetic.

Myclette said in June 4th, 2009 at 7:34 pm

You know how it is. People who take a moderate stance piss others off because most people love to think in black and white. It’s neater, it’s easier, and it may be even more efficient to think in black and whit, but it is often flawed. Let’s face it, pro-choice, pro-gay marriage Christians (like myself) just don’t seem to make sense to some people.

Myclettes last blog post..Musings and Ramblings 6/03/09

Sybil Law said in June 4th, 2009 at 7:54 pm

I hate people.
But not you, Shiny. You’re my boo.
(OMG hahaha I just wrote that!)

Sybil Laws last blog post..Headache

Finn said in June 5th, 2009 at 10:36 am

I’m not!

Finns last blog post..Dear Wednesday: Why Do You Hate Me?

Finn said in June 5th, 2009 at 10:37 am

Oh, and always look at the bright side of life…

Finns last blog post..Dear Wednesday: Why Do You Hate Me?

Faiqa said in June 8th, 2009 at 1:49 am

I didn’t find either of your posts incendiary.

Because, you know, I’m not an extremist wack job who prizes issues over my own humanity. In my world, compassion for others come first and then we can politicize the issues all we want.

But, I’m a pro-love thy neighbor Muslimah who loves Jews. So. There. And I may or may not be married to a Muslim man raised in an Arab country that may or may not have tried He-Brew.

Faiqas last blog post..Thirty One Weeks And Counting… A Bullet Post

whall said in June 15th, 2009 at 3:10 pm

I think it comes down to how much people want to MAKE others do what they thing is right/wrong. It’s one thing to follow a code and it’s another to force others to do the same.

I’m against abortion. But I’m not interested in forcing others to have my view.

I’m against homosexuality. But I’m not interested in forcing others to have my view.

The problem lies in what we have our government decide for everyone what is or isn’t wrong. And I think the gov’t should be as limited as possible and still allow the community to flourish. And that basically means the gov’t should be responsible for roads, national defense, and what 99.9999% of Americans call murder, which is the normal out-in-the-oxygen-human kind of murder. Everything else should be left alone from the government perspective. Let states, communities, organizations, etc handle everything else.

What we are, is a bunch of nosybodies with a lot of extra time on our hands. If we had to go back to plowing the fields, spending 6-8 hours on cooking, cleaning, hunting, providing for ourselves, raising our kids, spending time with our families, and protecting ourselves, we wouldn’t have time to be meddling with other people’s lives.

I think Jesus said it best when he said “Why do you see the speck in your brother’s eye but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?”. Speck or beam, doesn’t matter. Spend time on your own faults first before devoting time, money, lobbists to someone else’s faults.

Dang. I should have made this a blog post. Why isn’t there a law against long comments!??!?!?!

whalls last blog post..Moe Say: “ick”