Karl said in May 4th, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Very cool photo. Interesting, I’ve never thought about why the water looks different in different places. Hope you had a great time in Florida.

Janelle said in May 4th, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Probably the funniest thing I’m gonna read all week! Thanks for sharing.

Janelles last blog post..This is your song

martymankins said in May 4th, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Sounds like you and Hilly (and the rest of the gang) had fun. Seeing those beach pics made me wish I lived near the beach.

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday – Season 2 Ep. 02

Faiqa said in May 4th, 2009 at 1:29 pm

OK. ::Clears throat::

As you well know, water is colorless. Therefore, if a particular body of water appears to be a certain color, it’s actually because the matter *inside* of the water is reflecting back that color to your eyes. The Pacific is probably “bluer” than the Atlantic because the microorganisms in the water interact differently in the sunlight. Also, I think the Pacific is calmer than the Atlantic, which also has to do with light reflecting properties.

If you were to visit the areas on the West Coast of Florida or even the southern tip of Florida, you would find that the water is MUCH bluer than Daytona and other East Coast beaches. Most likely because the water is slightly warmer, less tumultuous and thus different organisms most likely reside in the West Coast (Gulf of Mexico) of Florida’s water.

Actually, I’m not totally sure about the calm factor, but I know the light reflection is money.

I know. You are totally floored by how smart I am and I only *just* googled it to make sure I was right.

Faiqas last blog post..Saturdays Are For Loving Tales From the Dad Side

Hilly said in May 4th, 2009 at 2:02 pm

I was about to say “Aww, you found my blue ocean!” and yet, not so much. πŸ˜‰

And yes Faiqa, I know water has no color. In fact, I think Shiny gave me a smart ass answer that started with that yesterday (his “plausible” answer, of course).

Faiqa said in May 4th, 2009 at 2:08 pm

I know that YOU know!! I was talking to everybody else. πŸ˜€

Faiqas last blog post..Saturdays Are For Loving Tales From the Dad Side

Hilly said in May 4th, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Fuckity fuck fuck….I was trying to be silly. πŸ˜‰

Pablo DiCiacco said in May 4th, 2009 at 4:47 pm

In 92 of 14
Columbus sailed the ocean green.
?
Fun linkage led me to the gem of “Clearly You’re Retarded”.
Thanks

Sybil Law said in May 4th, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

Sybil Laws last blog post..Been Caught Stealin’…

Poppy said in May 6th, 2009 at 7:22 am

Did you say something stupid on your way out the Florida door? Cuz I’ll cut a bitch.

(Sorry, that’s what that last sentence means to me.)

Poppys last blog post..I know it’s only May but I was expecting to need shorts already

whall said in May 6th, 2009 at 10:56 am

I keep failing at writing something humorous today. But I won’t stop trying.

I had this whole 2 paragraphs started about making like I was reading this story about a funny gigolo named Luke Noahands, with all this great comedic detail and then at the end suddenly realizing I was really on this blog instead and it had a good intent but ended up not being very funny at all.

So now you just get the cliff’s notes.

Which I believe had some yellow in it if I’m not mistaken.

whalls last blog post..*MAYBE* I CAN!