Janelle said in April 24th, 2009 at 12:08 am

I do believe I am guilty of all of these. Daily.

I think it’s best we never speak again.

Well, I don’t know… I mean, be that as it may, I feel kinda “meh” about not talking to you again. LOL! Would it be ironic to say that I think it’s best we don’t speak again when we have actually never spoken? Hang on! Don’t answer that! I gotta go right now and take care of some whatnots… brb!

Janelles last blog post..If a tree falls down and nobody hears it, did it really fall?

HoosierGirl said in April 24th, 2009 at 7:03 am

“I get that.” – This phrase drives me crazy. As in, “I can see that you’re stupid. I get that, I really do.”

My daughter DOES say a funny version of ROFL in real speak: she runs around the house saying, “ROFL waffles!” I guess it’s funnier to a teenager!

Good list.
J.

HoosierGirls last blog post..Short and sweet

Hilly said in April 24th, 2009 at 7:29 am

Hrm…I think I am guilty of saying “Well, the truth of the matter is…” however, it’s not something I say in order to proceed a lie, thank you very much. Usually, I just say it for emphasis like…”well, the truth of the matter is that she’s totally hateful and that is why I can’t even talk to her”. So there. :p

Any phrase using LOL speak really irritates the fuck out of me. I can get dropping slang here and there cause, hi…I do it all of the time. However, if you have to take a whole sentence and make it a into grammar’s gutter whore? No thanks.

Also? When people use the phrase “vis a vis” in everyday speak. What are they, douchebags?

Hillys last blog post..Everyone’s A Little Bit Douchey Somtimes*…

Hilly said in April 24th, 2009 at 7:30 am

(ps…I may have just woke up so excuse me if I sound snarkadoodle)

Hillys last blog post..Everyone’s A Little Bit Douchey Somtimes*…

Sybil Law said in April 24th, 2009 at 9:11 am

Hahaha @ Hilly! Vis a vis IS horrible!!!
I hate anywho… I don’t know why, but it makes me nuts. Only funny if it’s coming from Flanders or something.
I hate LOL with a passion, and that’s why I use “haha” to convey my laughter. Sometimes, though, I think my “haha” offends people, or they think I am being sarcastic or something.
I mostly just hate it when people mispronounce words or say crap like, “I had seen him at the mall”, or whatever.

Sybil Laws last blog post..The One Where I Curse And Link A Lot

A Gothic Gentleman said in April 24th, 2009 at 10:46 am

I think my worst phrases are “whatever” and “indeed” the first getting on my nerves the other being one I use too often!

A Gothic Gentlemans last blog post..2nd Pin Up Of April 2009 – Bettie Page

Finn said in April 24th, 2009 at 11:00 am

Meh. “there’s simply no energy to say or write anything else.” Exactly. Great word.

I bristle at any of those other made up words that turn a noun into a verb, like “monetize.” Ugh.

Finns last blog post..Character Study

Dawn said in April 24th, 2009 at 11:07 am

“I three greater than sign you.”

HAHA! I love it. My new favorite way to say how I really feel.

Dawns last blog post..Here, I answer

ame i. said in April 24th, 2009 at 11:18 am

“As I was sayin..” Gah, I hate that one b/c it is said after I’ve tried to change the subject brought up by the person rambling on & on about something stupid.
“Know what I’m sayin?” Well, I either do & you are treating me like an idiot or I don’t because you are the idiot.
And something else? When someone is telling a story? Mostly consisting of declarative sentences? But there tone changes the statement into a question? And they put? Pauses where there? Shouldn’t be pauses? And you feel obligated to nod your head? So many times you fell dizzy? I hate that!

Kate said in April 24th, 2009 at 12:04 pm

I am so with you on these. I also hate “ROFLCOPTER” and “LOLERCOASTER”, although I have to admit this is pretty great (MILDLY NSFW):

“I heart you” also pisses me off. It’s like you’re too cowardly to say the actual words.

Another one that drives me crazy is “shit-ton”. It’s really popular in Texas. As in “We’re getting a shit-ton of beer, and cooking up a shit-ton of barbecue.” Gee thanks, I just lost my appetite.

Faiqa said in April 24th, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Yeah? I say 3 & 4 aaaallll the time and I don’t annoy ANYONE.

I don’t like “literally.” As in “he was literally crying his eyes out.” Either he was crying his eyes or not. What does the term literally have to do with conveying the truth of the sentence?

Also, it’s really irritating when people mispronounce the names of countries when it is perfectly possible for them to say, “Irr-aq” instead of “Eye-Raq” or “Venessswela” instead of “Venezuela” or “Merricka” instead of “America.”

🙂

Faiqas last blog post..Secret Shame(s) of My iTunes Revealed

hello haha narf said in April 24th, 2009 at 8:52 pm

while i don’t use it, i love “meh” because it sounds exactly like what the person is thinking… either i don’t care about this or i am bored with this. which is exactly why they don’t write more. perfect and to the point. yeah, i love it. and really should use it more often.

hello haha narfs last blog post..Aack! Zombie Chickens!

whall said in April 27th, 2009 at 7:24 am

Rain on one’s wedding day *is* ironic for a weatherman.

bubblewench said in April 28th, 2009 at 12:12 pm

First off…

Hate that one.. And very guilty of a few on your list… if I say LOL, I usually really am…

Poppy said in April 30th, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Trust in me, sometimes it is ok to say “LOL” out loud. Like, when you’re trying to subtly mock some dumbass bitch who thinks she’s fucking awesome when really she’s a big douche in a bucket of pirhana chum. Turn to your BFF and say: Elle. Oh. Elle.

Poppys last blog post..mood: solitude