Dave2 said in March 31st, 2009 at 8:06 pm

“Like a Virgin” by Madonna.
“Hangin’ on a Heart Attack” by Device.
“Hold Me Now” by Thompson Twins.
“Just Can’t Get Enough” by Depeche Mode.
“Tarzan Boy” by Baltimora.
“I Heard a Rumor” by Bananarama.
“What About Love” by Heart.
“The Kid Is Hot Tonight” by Loverboy.

Please donate the cash value of my prizes to Amnesty International. Thank you.

Dave2s last blog post..Laser

Janelle said in March 31st, 2009 at 9:30 pm

I think Dave2 got it all wrong.

I did things different, I actually put this on a record and play it backwards – yanno, because that’s what we did in the 80’s to get the “real” message of the songs- and all it said over and over again was, “Shiny Will Rule The World”

Janelles last blog post..Why I’m Sending My Rehab Bill for My Drinking Problem To Mr. Shiny

Hilly said in March 31st, 2009 at 11:51 pm

Ummmm…what?

Faiqa said in April 1st, 2009 at 7:45 am

I have Sirius radio, which has an 80s station. They play the Casey Kasem Top 40 reruns as well as a show by none other than Mark Goodman. Totally worth the monthly subscription of $10/month.
As for the audio? Really? There is no way anybody can get that. How could you set us up to fail. I’m so disappointed. In you, of course. :p

Faiqas last blog post..Argumentum Ad Hominem

Sybil Law said in April 1st, 2009 at 8:00 am

Oh crap! I thought I was the only one who couldn’t possibly hear all that. I mean, I rocked it at “Name That Tune”, but that was ridiculous!
I am pretty sure I heard, “It’s Raining Men”, but that’s probably just because it’s your favorite song, right?!

Sybil Laws last blog post..I’m going to tap it, too.

Finn said in April 1st, 2009 at 9:22 am

Before I attempt to guess, what do I win if I’m right? Because I refuse to make an effort if there’s nothing in it for me.

Finns last blog post..Finding A Way Forward

Ren said in April 1st, 2009 at 10:51 am

Ha! Each time I play that clip I just start laughing at the insanity of it all.

Just played it two more times and still laughed after each play.

Rens last blog post..Macro Monday #3

Nat said in April 1st, 2009 at 7:01 pm

Happy April Fool’s Day?
🙂

Nats last blog post..Mr. Vedder The Boy loves you

[…] the audio daily double in yesterday’s post was a bit too challenging.  Some of you are wonderful 80s music experts like myself — that […]

[…] maybe it is. In hindsight, I can see how asking you to identify eight snippets of songs played on top of each other could be tricky.  Maybe I thought it was a piece of cake because I created the snippets and knew […]

whall said in April 2nd, 2009 at 10:53 pm

I *just* heard about this, so you need to give me some time. Ok, Ren told me about it Wednesday night at pool, but still, I have a life to live. And I’m good at this kind of stuff.

CRAP! you already gave out some hints! I haven’t even heard those yet. And I know I hear Safety Dance.

Dangit now I gotta go to bed. Promise me you won’t give anything away until I can spend some qwhallity time on it!

whalls last blog post..Feel the Burnin’ Love