TSM_Oregon said in March 17th, 2009 at 11:12 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. It was too long. Too gratuitous. Too…well, too much blue penis, for starters. Chalk it up to me being a total comic book ignoramus, but I expected more battle scenes…more action…less drama. I wasn’t expecting what I got. And wish I had paid less (or not paid at all).

Wouldn’t recommend it to a friend, but I don’t really have to. The marketing geniuses made it look like X Men on steroids, which is partially to blame for my unmet expectations.

Ahhh well. Live, learn, save the 9 bucks next time. 🙂

TSM_Oregons last blog post..A Legend In My Own Mind…for now.

Amanda said in March 17th, 2009 at 11:46 pm

Man, you got a better deal than me. I got a small popcorn and it was $5.75.

Amandas last blog post..Hate Is A Strong Word

Dave2 said in March 18th, 2009 at 12:05 am

Heh heh… you said “sperm!”

Dave2s last blog post..Cloverfield

Sandi said in March 18th, 2009 at 4:22 am

I love Mystery Men. Just had to say that. Okay, except for Ben Stiller. I have never been able to jive with him. But The Bowler (and her dad!) have always charmed me. So did the pithy sayings.

I am much in the same mind as you re: flashbacks. I like them muchly. I put them in some of my books, maybe even to excess.

And, of course, THGGttG is AWESOME. Especially the petunias.

Sandis last blog post..Beginning snippets from a new short story

Janelle said in March 18th, 2009 at 8:59 am

I loved The Comeback on HBO! The way Lisa Kudrow could me feel so freakin’ sorry for her, that was brillant acting and writing. The writers (that were actors) on that show were so mean! I wanted to punch them so bad.

My favorite scene you ask? Like you have to ask, when she was that cupcake thingy in her dream… “Fatty fat fatty” And the fur “beaver coat” scene that was pretty funny too.

What a great show, why did it only last one season? Now I’m sad.

Janelles last blog post..Another Radio Show In The History Books…

Finn said in March 18th, 2009 at 9:08 am

*enjoying the mud*

Finns last blog post..Finn, By The Numbers

B.E. Earl said in March 18th, 2009 at 10:15 am

“Mystery Men was funnier”

That pretty much sums it up. 😉

B.E. Earls last blog post..March Memories – 1985

Sybil Law said in March 18th, 2009 at 10:41 am

I am confused. Not sure if I should see it now or just wait til it comes out on HBO. Hmm… (Loved the wedgie comment, though!)

Sybil Laws last blog post..You betta (you better you better you bet)!

Avitable said in March 18th, 2009 at 11:02 am

Mystery Men was a comedy, though. I’d say go read the book.

Avitables last blog post..Miss Britt Goes To Prison: A Story

Faiqa said in March 18th, 2009 at 4:50 pm

I loved all of those movies, too.

Oh, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail!! When God says, “Every time I try to talk to someone it’s ‘sorry this,’ ‘forgive me that’…” Pure existential genius.

Faiqas last blog post..March 17, 2009

Nat said in March 18th, 2009 at 7:22 pm

How much I loved Mystery men. I think I’ll take a pass on this one. 🙂

Hitchhiker’s Guide one of my all time favourites.

Nats last blog post..iWalk

yankeebird said in March 19th, 2009 at 2:53 am
hello haha narf said in March 19th, 2009 at 5:19 pm

i love, love, love the hitchhiker’s guide. happy now, just thinking of it!

i’ll see the watchmen, just because i am nebby and wanna know what it is like. and i like penis.

hello haha narfs last blog post..HNT – My 43rd Half Nekkid Thursday is From the HHD

whall said in March 22nd, 2009 at 5:41 pm

LOVE Hitchhiker’s and Adams’ style.

I’m still writing my Watchmen review blog post. Actually, I’ve had it completed for a week now but don’t have Photoshop on my newly installed laptop and have been trying to do my special graphic effect in Gimp (open source photoshop).

I will say here at least that the best part of Watchmen was the previews – Star Trek, X-Men Wolverine, Terminator. wheeee! That, plus how awesome the movie theatre I saw it in is (alamo drafthouse – if ever in Austin, you must try it out)

whalls last blog post..Cowboy up!