J.R. said in January 27th, 2009 at 12:43 am

Two of my top ten shows are on your list (I’ve never made a top ten list of shows, but I have a general idea what they would be if I did). That’s awesome for me; not awesome for you, as you probably should check them out if you get a chance.

Other ones somewhere in my top 10…
Wonderfalls
Angel (the Buffy spin-off, which was better than Buffy towards the end, and IMO features the best progression of a character in the history of television)
Arrested Development
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Battlestar Galactica (the new one)
The Office (British and U.S.)
Late Night with David Letterman

Ooh, I made a list within your list. How follow-the-leader of me. And if I did the math correctly, combining my impromptu list with the ones in your list that are on my list, I have 9 of my top 10. What’s the tenth? The world will never know (The State). Damn it.

J.R.s last blog post..jrswantz: And, while I have your attention, who was the idiot that put Hall and Oates into my head? GET OUT!

B.E. Earl said in January 27th, 2009 at 1:20 am

Another great reason for you to watch Firefly is a common expression used in every episode at least a dozen times:

“Shiny”

It means “Great!” or “I agree” or “Let’s do this thing” or “whatever” or just about anything else you want it to mean.

Firefly, Buffy and Angel are three of my favorite shows EVER on television. Too bad no one watched Firefly and/or FOX fucked it up. 5 seasons of that would have been awesome!

B.E. Earls last blog post..Comfort Food

Hilly said in January 27th, 2009 at 1:22 am

Dude…you’ve never seen Buffy????? I don’t even know you anymore! 😉

Seriously though, the only one of these shows I have not seen is JAG. Until this weekend, I’d never seen Twin Peaks. I’m always watching new stuff in syndication lately so I’m hard pressed to find something of which I have not seen one episode.

But again, back to Buffy. Can we talk?

yankeebird said in January 27th, 2009 at 1:30 am

I’ve never watched The Wire either, but when I found it on sale for $90 at Best Buy and realized I had $30 in Best Buy gift cards, I went ahead and bought it. Now it’s just a matter of finding time to watch it.

Becky said in January 27th, 2009 at 1:36 am

You’ve never seen “Buffy”?!?! How is that possible? Wow….I have to go lay down from this news. And put in a “Buffy” DVD.

I’ve seen 1 or 2 episodes of JAG, nothing special there. The rest I haven’t watched.

Going to lay down now…..

Beckys last blog post..Celebrate Good Times!

Dave2 said in January 27th, 2009 at 1:41 am

Mind boggling. Utterly mind boggling. These are all excellent shows (though Joan of Arcadia did falter quite a bit in the second season).

I guess I can understand Murder She Wrote (though I did find it entertaining). But BUFFY and FIREFLY?!? Something is definitely wrong here…

Dave2s last blog post..Goodbye

kapgar said in January 27th, 2009 at 7:58 am

So is that the actual DVD cover art for The Wire or is that like a DVD box set bonus pack-in? Some sets give you keychains or T-shirts. But wire? Damn, now that’s practical. I like it!

kapgars last blog post..Oh baby, it’s cold outside…

Becca said in January 27th, 2009 at 8:51 am

I don’t think I’ve seen a full episode of Buffy either, but I did get into Angel after the fact. I thought it was a decent show. Mostly I watched it because it was on the hour before Charmed came on TNT.

NYCWD said in January 27th, 2009 at 9:48 am

Quite frankly, your lack of Buffy and Firefly is disturbing.

NYCWDs last blog post..Shirt Of The Week #4

Finn said in January 27th, 2009 at 11:52 am

I highly recommend “The Wire.” Authentic cop stuff. Really. My cop LOVES that show. And I loved “Joan of Arcadia.”

I’ve never seen an episode of any of the rest of them.

What’s Plagiarism Week?

Finns last blog post..Something, Something, Something

Janelle said in January 27th, 2009 at 1:41 pm

I too have never watched one show that you mentioned above. What does this mean???? You are so becoming one of my favorite people 🙂 I love watching reruns of 3rd Rock From The Sun late at night.

Janelles last blog post..Every Thought In My Head Right Now

Jared said in January 27th, 2009 at 2:22 pm

I’ve only watched Buffy from all of the above. I don’t do any CBS shows except for “The Big Bang Theory” which is hilarious!

Jareds last blog post..The “Gossip Girl” Spinoff a Hotmess?

The Cocoa Goddess said in January 27th, 2009 at 5:35 pm

What do you have against Joss Whedon!? *shrieks and cries* You’d love the campy writing of Buffy and Firefly. Gosh did you even boycott Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-Long Blog? Heresy!

Faiqa said in January 28th, 2009 at 10:43 am

I, like, everyone else am saddened and shocked by the lack of Buffy and Firefly in your viewing life. And I cannot emphasize *enough* how incomplete you are as a human being because of it. You’ve got to go watch the these shows. Now. Just stop what you’re doing, find the DVDs, and start watching them. 🙂

trill said in January 29th, 2009 at 4:39 pm

You’ve never seen Firefly?!

I am so incredibly disillusioned of you, sir.

whall said in January 30th, 2009 at 6:01 pm

I think I’ve seen a couple episodes of Joan of Arcadia (my wife liked the show) but like you, I’ve not seen those other ones.

Is that Jason Bateman in the Firefly picture? I’ve never seen it so I wouldn’t know.

I thought for sure the other show your Mom watched was going to be Columbo.

whalls last blog post..Shake

askjesse said in February 2nd, 2009 at 12:27 pm

I am kind of shocked about the firefly thing as well. I got into it through mindsay, from the WTF crew.

I also haven’t watched much Buffy, but it must be better than first glance would leave one to believe. Joss Whedon (buffy, firefly…) has a new show coming out (on FOX… yikes) called Dollhouse, by the way.

I don’t know if you’ve seen freaks and geeks, but that was on my list until I finally bought the complete series for my girlfriend.