Sue said in December 15th, 2008 at 3:14 pm

I think it’s pretty awesome that at 6 years old he had to ask what smoking is. 🙂 How wonderful! 🙂

radioactive tori said in December 16th, 2008 at 9:53 am

I remember when my kids asked what smoking was too. Isn’t it interesting that they have no idea? When I was little, people could smoke everywhere (and did)!

My kids have asthma, my 8 year old son was in the hospital all the time when he was small. I would kill him if I ever found out he smoked or even tried it. I spent way too many days/nights in the hospital with him to have him do that.

Something interesting though is that I had to explain to my kids that people who smoke are not “bad”. They had the wrong assumption that if someone chose to smoke, it made them evil or something. We had a long talk about how sometimes people make not so great choices, but it doesn’t mean anything about their character, just that they made a bad decision at one time.

radioactive toris last blog post..Too Many Doctors In the Kitchen

Hilly said in December 16th, 2008 at 12:35 pm

It’s great that he had to ask! Some kids grow up watching Mommy and Daddy dangle cancer sticks off of their lips and never know that there is something else.

I’m not judging. I’m just saying.

Hillys last blog post..Staring So Long At These Pictures Of You…

hello haha narf said in December 17th, 2008 at 8:36 pm

i quit, i quit! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

sorry, it was quite a while ago, but i am so happy that i no longer smoke. love that you don’t either.

hello haha narfs last blog post..Crazy Christmas Bonanza

Faiqa said in December 19th, 2008 at 7:18 am

That’s way better than when my parents said, “don’t you worry about what smoking is, just know that if we ever catch you doing it, we’ll kill you.” Which, of course, put me on the straight and narrow path to becoming a smoker when I decided I hated them at 16. (Oh, and for the record, I don’t hate them. That much. No, no, really, I don’t hate them. And also for the record, I don’t smoke anymore. Hey, and thanks for letting me guest post in your comment section.)

Karen said in December 21st, 2008 at 9:06 am

That is so adorable. My mom was a smoker so I don’t think I ever had that question. Plus, you could smoke on planes when I was kid. And smoke in the library and stuff. Remember those day?? Crazy.

You have such a smart little dude there. You should be proud.

Karens last blog post..Ornament Vlog