Sandi said in October 24th, 2008 at 11:22 pm

Aw, poor little guy! That is a very hard thing for him. 🙁

I think you and socKs did great, of course. You’re fabulous parents. It’s hard, I think, watching our kids lose — bit by bit — the wonderous innocence of childhood and learn more about life.

Even life after glowsticks.

Sandis last blog post..The Instant-Access Age

Dessie said in October 25th, 2008 at 9:31 am

Not to ruin the metaphors and all, just wanted to give you a quick tip for extending the life of a glowstick… At the end of the night, stick it in the freezer, and the following night, it’ll glow again.

I’m sorry Av has lost something so dear to him.

Hilly said in October 25th, 2008 at 10:20 am

Part of the fun of being a kid sometimes is thinking that things will last forever. Of course, part of being adult is wanting to believe they will even though you know they won’t.

Beautiful post, Shiny….and I feel for your poor little dude, losing his glowsticks like that.

Hillys last blog post..Be Bold, Be Bold, Always Be Bold…

Nat said in October 25th, 2008 at 10:26 am

Poor kid. Some things are ephemeral, it’s hard a thing to learn. Alas.

(Still I love glow sticks.)

Nats last blog post..A walk to the park…

Dave2 said in October 25th, 2008 at 10:32 am

The facts were these: I just read this entire entry as if it were the opening of an episode of Pushing Daisies.

Dave2s last blog post..Politican’t

hello haha narf said in October 25th, 2008 at 10:31 pm

my heart broke for av. can i send him a gross of glow sticks? seriously. find whatever metaphor that you want for my present, but i wanna give the kid more glow sticks.

hello haha narfs last blog post..Store Open!

Mary said in October 25th, 2008 at 11:44 pm

You are right. Something happened… and it was bigger than a glow stick. Who says childhood is easy? I still remember letting go of a helium balloon on a string when I was very, very young. As it drifted higher and farther, I sobbed. My mother told me it was heading to my grandmother’s house in Charleston… a place I only visited once a year. I stopped crying.

Sandi said in October 28th, 2008 at 9:45 pm

OFF TOPIC, but I saw this new WP theme and was reminded of your Long and Glorious history of blogging.

Winter said in October 29th, 2008 at 1:44 am

Death of a glowstick can be a tough thing. Motley’s cat Neko is gaga for glowsticks. When they stop glowing she is despondent and carries it around the house in her mouth all droopy tailed for days.

Winters last blog post..Hot & Sticky