Dave2 said in August 22nd, 2008 at 4:49 am

$200,000+ ?? Do you know what I could do with that kind of money when it comes to vacations? And, of course, what they don’t remind you is that the $200,000+ is lodging only, and doesn’t include airfare, transportation, food, tours, and whatever extras it takes to actually vacation once you get to your destination (assuming you can even get a reservation at the location you want).

I feel bad for struggling couples who get sucked into this stuff and then never have any money left to actually travel anywhere interesting to take advantage of it. So they end up staying at a local property just to “get their money’s worth” instead of those dream vacations to Rome and Tahiti. Then, as they get older and their income is tighter, they can’t afford the ever-escalating monthly maintenance fees, and end up losing everything. Sad, really. I guess if you’re wealthy it could be a good deal, but that kind of money could be put to better use and go towards some amazing vacations.

Dave2s last blog post..Tiring

Miss Britt said in August 22nd, 2008 at 9:38 am

The time suck is the part that pisses me off the most. And they just do. not. take NO for an answer.

Miss Britts last blog post..Scared

Nat said in August 22nd, 2008 at 8:22 pm

My sister signed up for a time share. Apparently accommodation is nice enough but it seems they are always struggling to make ends meet. Seems silly to me.

Anyway, I’m glad you got away from it. I’m not sure it would be worth the $100.

Nats last blog post..Answers

Nat said in August 22nd, 2008 at 8:23 pm

Oh, and Les Follies Bergeres is what my parents saw in 1970 (not in Vegas though) … betcha it hasn’t changed much.

Nats last blog post..Answers

Winter said in August 24th, 2008 at 2:35 am

I don’t think the aggravation would be worth the $100 to me. And $100 is a lot of money in my house.

hello haha narf said in August 24th, 2008 at 6:56 am

i don’t mind getting paid twenty five bucks an hour while on vacation. not like you and socks had to work much more than the two hours.
wait, did you also get the restaurant voucher and the clean show? ya gotta hold out for everything…all or nothing!
in cabo earlier this year i went on a timeshare sales pitch. got a free massage, free bottle of tequila, free dinner, money and something else. i can’t even remember. i will admit, however, to being very pleasantly surprised at how reasonable this particular vacation offer was. in the whole scheme of timeshares, this was the best package i had ever heard of.
i vacation like you…friends and family with couches are the best destinations. i want to spend time with those i love, regardless of where i am.

Dessie said in September 8th, 2008 at 9:40 am