Winter said in August 10th, 2008 at 11:29 pm

Pffft. Shut up and play! It’s your move! 😉

Winters last blog post..IM = Social Rudeness

Dave2 said in August 10th, 2008 at 11:31 pm

I can honestly say that “Sorry!” is my favorite board game of all time. It’s sheer genius in its simplicity. It’s one of those games you can always drag out, because everybody knows and loves it. Two player Sorry is the most vindictive, because each person can play two colors. Four additional ways to screw over your opponent = big fun!

Dave2s last blog post..Bullet Sunday 93

hello haha narf said in August 11th, 2008 at 6:28 am

i love board games. next time i get to see you we need to play drinking risk. brutal.

p.s. i am thrilled that your family is getting into board games. yay!

hello haha narfs last blog post..Cowabunga Blood Clot

NYCWD said in August 11th, 2008 at 9:10 am

What, no Candyland?

Health freak.

NYCWDs last blog post..Off Routine

Penelope said in August 11th, 2008 at 1:59 pm

I had no idea that game was called “Shutes and Ladders” over The Pond. Learn something new every day :o)
I do remember “Sorry” – brutal game!

Penelopes last blog post..Rhodes Part III

trill said in August 11th, 2008 at 4:26 pm

Fairly advanced game for a 5 1/2 year old. If he’s already grasping those concepts fairly well, I’m sure he’ll be ready to rule the world… erm, learn Risk soon.

Hilly said in August 12th, 2008 at 2:26 am

“Another fun part is saying, with such glee in one’s voice, Sorry! once you’ve bashed their pieces off the board and sent them back to start. Of course, Sorry! never meant “sorry.” It’s the tone of voice that seals the deal and grinds at the nose of one’s opponent. I suppose even calling the game Sorry! is a bit of a misnomer. Perhaps they named it this because Parker Brothers already had a game in development called Yeah! Eat it, Bitch!”

Funny…I could have written that paragraph myself!

🙂

Hillys last blog post..Behind The Mask I Wear…

metalmom said in August 12th, 2008 at 4:07 pm

The kids I watch are currently addicted to playing Parcheesi and Mancala. Both are alot of fun.

Babygirl asked for Hungry Hungry Hippos for Christmas.Of course she got it and now I have 16 year olds playing that in my house on week nights!

Bec said in August 13th, 2008 at 9:31 pm

I love the Hasbro/MB Games ‘Sorry’ variant – Frustration (there are no cards just the joy of deliberately screwing with everyone you play with – it’s really just Ludo with a fancy dice thing) with added pop up dice joy! Played this for many hours in the pub at uni – we had speed rounds and everything!

Becs last blog post..7.7