Winter said in August 4th, 2008 at 12:36 am

That pic of the subway seems entirely too clean… Cool stuffs though!

Winters last blog post..Grill Me

Hilly said in August 4th, 2008 at 12:57 am

There is a part of me that would love to live in the DC. Thanks for the tour!

kapgar said in August 4th, 2008 at 7:10 am

When Katie and I visited DC in 2003, we fell in love with the Metro system. We took it everywhere we couldn’t walk to.

kapgars last blog post..It’s a beautiful mornin’…

Poppy said in August 4th, 2008 at 9:31 am

If/when Dawg is ready to move away for a bit of time I’d LoooovE to move to the DC area to get a security clearance job that I can’t talk about. My stepbrother has one and said I’d be a shoe in for one. *GEEKED OUT*

Poppys last blog post..hey I’m a cow cat I’m curious, hey watch me now I’m furious

Miss Britt said in August 4th, 2008 at 9:38 am

DC is absolutely one city I would LOOOVE to live in.

At this point, I’d settle for a weekend trip.

Miss Britts last blog post..I am too tired to write this post well, but I wanted you to know…

whall said in August 4th, 2008 at 9:40 am

I liked the second one (#7) the best. Yard sales, but more upscale.

whalls last blog post..Vista Search Annoyance #1

hello haha narf said in August 4th, 2008 at 9:57 am

i have always wanted to visit d.c.

although i seriously doubt that i could live there.

instead, can i crash on your couch for a long weekend?

hehe

hello haha narfs last blog post..Guest Post From Donnie Van Donnie

Finn said in August 4th, 2008 at 11:07 am

I adore DC. I can’t wait to go back. The Metro is one of my favorite public transports.

I love the slug idea; no on in Florida is that clever.

Finns last blog post..Readers’ Choice: To Have And To Hold

shiny said in August 4th, 2008 at 8:30 pm

Winter: It really is surprisingly clean for a Subway system. Part of it is that they’re very aggressive about their no food/drink policy. About a decade back, Fawn Hall (of the Oliver North scandal) was fined for eating a banana in one of the stations. And there was a big to do a few years ago about a girl getting arrested for eating and disobeying the transit cops.

Hilly: … and thanks for calling it “The DC” — which makes it sound much cooler than it actually is. 🙂

kapgar: It’s really nice if you’re staying downtown.

Miss Britt: Road trip! BrittCon II: The Brittstrict of Columbia!

whall: Oh, it is! And more like a fire sale as well — since people actually have to leave! (Why am I garnering such joy out of this?)

Washington Narftionals: What? But you’re so close by! It’s only a four hour drive! If you give us enough notice, the couch is yours. 🙂

Finn: Yeah – I was trying to figure out why it hadn’t caught on elsewhere. Bizarre…

hello haha narf said in August 4th, 2008 at 8:40 pm

oh honey, don’t offer. i will so take you up on it. ask britt. hehe

hello haha narfs last blog post..Guest Post From Donnie Van Donnie

Karl said in August 4th, 2008 at 9:03 pm

I’ve never heard of these “slugs” before. What a great impromptu system. I’ve also not heard of HOV lanes that require THREE people – usually, it’s two. Guess that really helps the HOV lane move more quickly, eh?

Cool list. Thanks for taking the time to write that out. I’ve only been through DC, never really spent any time there.

Karls last blog post..Of Dungeons and Dragons and Hollywood Stars

amanda said in August 5th, 2008 at 2:25 am

Good post! Jerrys subs and pizza definately do have the CHEESIEST commercials I cant stand it lol. Id have to say the metro system in DC is much cleaner than the subways in NY. I just feel gross on those…

And we got the same museum pic!! hehe…when i took that pic it was around 7 or so and i was so thirsty and all the stands had closed for the day. thats one thing i dont like about dc…they do sleep. 😛

amandas last blog post..Long time no see