kapgar said in June 23rd, 2008 at 7:01 am

I was going to try to write up something about Carlin’s passing, but I think I’ll just refer people over here instead. I really enjoyed this read. Thanks!

kapgars last blog post..Baby take my hand…

Kyra said in June 23rd, 2008 at 7:52 am

Didn’t even realize he had died! Eek! I loved his comedy.

Kyras last blog post..Exlusionary

Nat said in June 23rd, 2008 at 7:54 am

Like Kyra I missed the news that he’d died. What a shame. He was one of my favourites as well.

Good post.

Nats last blog post..Straight into Camden

shiny said in June 23rd, 2008 at 9:24 am

kapgar: Thanks. I wouldn’t let this stop you from making your own post; his words have impacted many in different ways.

Kyra, Nat: I found out early this morning by reading the blogs of friends of mine (as well as my Twitter feed). He was quite the pioneer…

Hilly said in June 23rd, 2008 at 10:28 am

George Carlin was one of the only comedians whose humor I consistently loved throughout the years….he never got boring or lame.

He will be missed indeed.

Hillys last blog post..Snackie Sunday: Bullets Over Hillywood

Winter said in June 23rd, 2008 at 1:31 pm

Very nice tribute indeed, Shiny. Everyone in my house loved him. Rott used to spew some of his routines verbatim he loved him that much. It’s a sad day for the world of comedy.

Winters last blog post..Who’s a Marcus Whore?

Lisa said in June 23rd, 2008 at 2:29 pm

Awesome tribute. I grew up loving him as well…all the down to the VW van.

Lisas last blog post..Power of Blog

hello haha narf said in June 23rd, 2008 at 8:35 pm

be excellent to each other

hello haha narfs last blog post..They Say Better Late Than Never

Finn said in June 24th, 2008 at 10:40 am

I am happy that my son got a chance to know George. When he’s older, I’ll introduce him to the hard stuff!

George never disappointed me. Until Sunday. *sigh*

Finns last blog post..Marking Time

martymankins said in June 24th, 2008 at 12:26 pm

George will be missed. He was one of the first comedians I heard when I started listening to the comedy albums of the 70’s (Steve Martin actually was before him in my listening time line).

Nothing can beat “7 Words You Can’t Say On Television” That bit is a regular listen for me.

And not to mention his great roles is various movies, like “Dogma” and “Bill and Ted’s”

martymankinss last blog post..Just Another Scooter Sunday