Poppy said in June 17th, 2008 at 11:10 pm

*GEEKED OUT*

The Cuckoo’s Egg is an excellent true tale.

And Microserfs is just plain weirdly quirky, but in that PPH way.

I just found a bound tome of all the Hitchhiker’s books, which, depending on the definition, makes it *not* a tome, but whatever.

1984 is my life when I don’t get enough protein.

Iron Fist said in June 17th, 2008 at 11:57 pm

Dude, these lists just keep getting better and better! I don’t see it on your schedule but can I put in a request for Shiny’s Top 5 Jiu-Jitsu finishing moves for one of the days?

Hilly said in June 18th, 2008 at 12:39 am

Thanks to your suggestion, I am reading “The Year of Living Biblically” and am absolutely in love with the book and the writer. I think maybe I should listen to more of your literary suggestions!

Hillys last blog post..I’m So Yours For The Taking….

Winter said in June 18th, 2008 at 1:57 am

I need to read The Cuckoo’s Egg. It sounds fascinating. I never was a fan of 1984 or Brave New World. I did like Animal Farm sorta. I was always more of an Upton Sinclair (The Jungle) and Frank Norris (The Octopus) kinda girl. Along the way, I learned to love Candide and Sartre’s No Exit. Other than that, I steer clear of classics including Steinbeck even though I was born and raised and lived 2/3rds of my life in Steinbeck country.

Winters last blog post..Too Damn Hot!

libragirl/Rachel said in June 18th, 2008 at 6:25 am

I loved 1984. Read Generation X – it was great. That’s actually the first book I read of his that got me hooked on his other stuff

Iron Fist said in June 18th, 2008 at 8:54 am

I swear either Akismet has decided I am not to be trusted or I am having major browser issues. Because I swear I left a comment here last night and it was actually halfway funny.

Avitable said in June 18th, 2008 at 9:10 am

That’s quite an eclectic collection there. I only have two of those – 1984 and Hitchhiker’s.

Avitables last blog post..Where’s the hate and negativity?

Miss Britt said in June 18th, 2008 at 11:17 am

I really want to read “The Year of Living Biblically” now – as soon as I’m finished with the stack of unreads I have.

But – um – why is he sporting a long beard and robes? Where is that in the Bible??

Miss Britts last blog post..Vibrat0rs: What I Was Afraid Of

martymankins said in June 18th, 2008 at 12:19 pm

1984 and Microserfs…. two awesome books that I have read multiple times. Very cool list. Will have to check out some of the other books.

student teacher said in June 18th, 2008 at 3:10 pm

I have 1984 because my daughter had to read it in ninth grade. This summer I have been reading books that are required reading in some of the area districts and I was thinking about starting 1984 next. Well now I am, and if I get placed teaching freshman, I will too be reading that book, over and over and over…

student teachers last blog post..Ten Things I’ve Learned from Dad