Let the week begin! Your suggestions are my blog entries for the next seven days. See this post for more information…
I’m an avid reader of Avitable‘s – a very clever and funny guy who always seems to make me laug with his blog entries and his comments on my blog. One of his weekly features, Lazy Sunday, evolved over the past month into a contest where readers look for pop culture references in meme-like questions in order to win fun prizes and gain notoriety. I had expressed interest in subbing in for him whenever he wanted a week off, and he gave me a chance today. (This is probably also his way of showing me that he reigns supreme over this type of game.)
The rules: It’s very simple. I go through my Myspace friends and pick one of their survey bulletins and Shiny actually doesn’t have any friends, so he’s furnished 15 questions by himself. Every answer contains a reference to a movie, a television show, or a song. Just guess as many as you can – some will be laughably easy and some will be very difficult. Every correct answer is like a raffle ticket – you get one chance to win per correct answer. If you get 1 right, your name goes in the proverbial hat. If you get 10 right, your name goes in ten times. Et cetera. You’re on the honor system – try not to Google or look at other people’s answers!
The contest ends Tuesday at midnight EST. I’ll give the correct answers and identify the winner on the following Sunday.
Oh — and we’re playing for this:
Strait-Line Rolling Tape 300 is a great tool which brings the tape measure to the next level. It can measure distance (to 1/16″) between points on a wall or other surface. It can even alert you to mark off evenly spaced segments! This is an unopened package with instructions included. (3 AAA batteries not included, though. I’m cheap like that.)
And away we go…
1. What’s the correct spelling of your name?
Big S, small h, small i, big N, small y, and a star.
2. Tell me about your parents. What do you feel were some of the challenges in living with them?
It felt like I was alone in a world so cold. Perhaps I was too demanding of them, but my father always seemed too bold, and my mother was never satisfied. We always screamed at each other.
3. And what about your older brother? Did you two get along well?
I always have to cover for him. I prefer the company of my twin sister and my little brother, Buster.
4. Where did you put your son’s crib when he came home from the hospital as a newborn?
In the center of the room. Not in the corner.
5. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
An old vintage Cadillac. With a Grateful Dead decal stuck on it.
6. Have you had any car trouble lately?
I have. Turns out that there was a banana stuck up my tailpipe.
7. How do you feel about organ donation?
I’m all for it. When I die, I’m donating my eyes to Stevie Wonder.
8. Do you play a musical instrument?
I’m in a Police cover-band.
9. What do you feel is the best attribute of women in general?
Their willingness to do the dishes, clean up my room, do the laundry, the bathroom, etc.
10. Do you have any pets?
We have this adorably cute animal with three eyes and a ravenous appetite.
11. Shiny, are you homophobic? Do you have something against gay people?
Not at all! Actually, some of my best friends are gay! Take, for instance, Mark “Cutback” Davis and Bob “Jungle Vet” Gerard. Those guys are fags!
12. I heard about your uncle, the famous defense attorney. Is he any good?
He’s very good. He uses 52% of his brain. Clocked…
13. Hey — can I snatch a Pepsi from your fridge?
It ain’t free, pal. If you want it; you’ll have to pay for it…
14. What would you do with a million dollars?
Two chicks at the same time.
15. Do you ever blog anonymously? How would I know it’s you?
I guess it’s the purple prose that always gives me away…
Just a reminder that I’ll be the guest on Turnbaby Talks this evening at 8:00pm EDT! We’ll be returning to the world of 80s and 90s music trivia. Get your thinking caps on!