I’m serious, guys. Thank you. For all that you’ve done here. For reading. For replying. For being supportive. For being critical. For agreeing with me. For disagreeing with me. For laughing. For groaning. For both getting it and not getting it. For discoverng my blog for the first time, and for returning additional times.
As many of you already know, Blog Reader Appreciation Week is coming up in the next few days. To me, this means a period of time to recognize the focal point of the community that really makes it worthwhile to blog. Don’t get me wrong — I blog for myself. I enjoy expressing myself through this medium. But perhaps I continue my drive to do so for you, my community. You help feed my inspirations. And I feel that it’s something that certainly deserves recognition.
Others of you many be observing Blog Reader Appreciation Week with give-aways or sales on t-shirts and other apparel linked with your blog. I, unfortunately, don’t have any of that. Some of you may offer contests where you can travel somewhere, design a blog layout, and more. I just don’t have those skills or resources available.
But I do feel that I want to do something tremendous for you. That’s why next week I offer this:
Take Over the Takeout – June 15-21, 2008
That’s right: For seven days from Sunday until Saturday, I want you to control the content of my blog. You pick the topics. You pick the format. You get to decide what I’ll write about.
* Do you want another chapter in my “Operation: Enduring Tofu” saga — about my quest to confront the girl for whom I became a vegetarian nineteen years ago? Let me know; I’ve got new stuff to post!
* Next week doesn’t include a day that has a “3” in it, but if you want me to post a specific “List on the 3s,” I will anyway! Just provide me a topic and I’m there.
* I bet you’re wondering what high-school Shiny used to look like, don’t you? If that’s what you want, that’s what I’ll provide: I’ll dig up old pictures and send you on a tour of Shiny: with the drive of a boy but the mullet of a man.
* Hebrew with Shiny! I’ve posted them before; I’m happy to customize a specific Hebrew lesson just for you! Suggest a phrase and I’ll make a tutorial.
* Want a contest of some sort? Like one of those “identify Shiny’s header pictures” contests? Or something completely different? I’m all ears!
* Want to see a vlog entry where I show you my balls? You’re such a perv! But I’ll do it if you ask me to…
* How about that infamous story about how I was cock-blocked by Meredith Baxter-Birney? All you have to do is request it.
* Anything else which comes to mind? Your wish is my command…
Here’s how it works: Please reply to this entry with your request(s) of me next week. Please be as specific as possible. If you have a preference of a day on which you’d like me to blog something, indicate that as well. As long as I have at least seven distinct requests, I’ll be sure to post once a day for the entire week. And although I do have ultimate veto power, I promise I’ll try my hardest not to use it.
** Please have your requests in by Sunday morning, June 15. I’ll post my schedule for the entire week by then (subject to change).
Again, thank you for being my readers. I appreciate you. You complete me.