Black Belt Mama said in May 31st, 2008 at 10:56 pm

Nice choices! There was a time in my life when I knew every work to Snow’s song. My parents couldn’t understand why I knew the words to that song but couldn’t recall a single thereom to save my life (or pass a math test).

Black Belt Mamas last blog post..Not There Yet

Dave2 said in May 31st, 2008 at 11:07 pm

Ummm… yeah… I can’t stand Styx, but would gladly tolerate the others on your list.

Avitable said in June 1st, 2008 at 12:53 am

I think Biz Markie’s “Just a Friend” is one of those for me.

Avitables last blog post..Lazy Sunday XLII

whall said in June 1st, 2008 at 1:46 am

If I’m honest with myself, I can enjoy just about any music. And I think anyone can – most complain more with an audience.

And informer is awesome. Wesobiddybiddle breaky sofardripalliddy

Hilly said in June 1st, 2008 at 1:53 am

Informer is one of those songs that I use all of the time…whenever I am spying on someone (ahem, net detective), I start singing that song. And when The Transformers movie came out? Forget about it…I turned “informer” into “transformer”. Yes, I am that geeky.

And you and I share the thing about the thing about NSYNC. πŸ˜‰

Hillys last blog post..Uh, Did I Actually Just Turn That Frown Upside Down?

ms benefit said in June 1st, 2008 at 2:22 am

i love nelson…

Winter said in June 1st, 2008 at 2:58 am

HEH I love the legs in the Escape Club video. I wasn’t a Styx fan so much as a Tommy Shaw fan. That other dude with the white boy fro – Dennis something. I hated him. Tommy Shaw rocks tho. Think Renegade not Roboto.

Winters last blog post..Alone

miss j said in June 1st, 2008 at 10:51 am

I have to say my guilty pleasure is ..Maroon5 and Savage Garden with a little Snow thrown in for good measure.

Finn said in June 1st, 2008 at 11:40 am

Thank goodness I’m not the only one who loves Lido Shuffle!

Finns last blog post..In Which I Write Like A Guy

student teacher said in June 1st, 2008 at 10:18 pm

I remember back in 1991 or something, I loved Gerardo’s Rico Suave video. The guys were cheeseballs and the song sucked but I couldn’t take my eyes off the tv if this video was on. I don’t ever remember hearing the song on the radio???

student teachers last blog post..Snapshot Sunday…The Late Edition

hello haha narf said in June 2nd, 2008 at 2:35 am

my musical tastes vary so greatly that i would never make fun of you for these.
although i bet even you would make fun of me for some of the songs i like.
πŸ™‚

hello haha narfs last blog post..Livin Right

radioactive girl tori said in June 2nd, 2008 at 9:11 am

Informer! My kids sing that when they play “spy” on each other. I claim to have no knowledge of where they would ever have heard that song even though it is on my ipod. I also have almost all the other songs you named on my ipod. I am embarrassed to show people what is on there most of the time!

Metalmom said in June 2nd, 2008 at 10:06 pm

Lido Shuffle saved you from drowning in the depths of YUCK! Really???? Informer??? Nelson????

Shiny-Say it ain’t so!!!!!

Metalmoms last blog post..What Loyalty?

katherine. said in June 4th, 2008 at 4:43 pm

wow…I hadn’t thought about Boz Skaggs or the Lido Shuffle in YEARS. Cool. thanks.

katherine.s last blog post..Dona Nobis Pacem

shiny said in June 4th, 2008 at 9:43 pm

Black Belt Mama: I’m pretty certain the theorems are the first thing to go. πŸ™‚

Dave2: I’m actually with you there for most Styx songs. Dennis DeYoung’s voice simply isn’t a rock voice. Tommy Shaw is an amazing guitarist, though… And from what I have gathered, he was the virtual Shatner of the bunch — nobody else really liked him and they edged him out. (That is — until they reunited and realized that they needed him to make money.)

Avitable: I remember hearing that for the first time and wondering what the hell it was. Good song, though.

whall: You do have a good point. Most music is listenable, whether one likes it or not.

Hilly: Weird Al Yankovic would be proud. πŸ™‚

Ms. Benefit … and now they’re “The Nelsons.” Who knew?

Winter: Exactly. See my response to Dave2 about Dennis DeYoung. The Escape Club legs, however? Kinda creepy.

Miss J: SAVAGE GARDEN! They were like the Color Me Badd of their time…

Finn: I wouldn’t say that so loud if I were you, but yeah — you and I can embrace the Scaggs, sister. πŸ™‚

student teacher: Gerardo’s “Rico Suave” falls into my “so bad that it’s good” category. For me, i was obsessed with the video for one reason alone: The dude would be there with his curly, long hair (extensions) in one scene and then a much shorter haircut in the next. And it would randomly go back and forth! Perhaps the record execs thought nobody would notice? Anyhow, apparently he’s a producer himself now. (Thanks, VH-1 specials about one-hit wonders!)

Narfjagoogoo: Go ahead — try me. πŸ™‚

Radioactive Girl Tori: I go through that as well — when I just have to rotate quickly to the next song because something like Bell Biv DeVoe comes on and I wonder what people will think of me…

MetalMom: It could be worse — I could have had Terry Jacks on my list. πŸ™‚

katherine: Glad to oblige! (He probably is as well.)