Winter said in May 30th, 2008 at 11:00 pm

Arggh! You said condom! I had to work late tonight and was forced to overhear my boss telling his new girlfriend that he bought a box of 36 condoms because the super sized box saved him $4. I SOOOOOO did not need to hear that. LOL RR looks freaky in that ad. It shoulda been pulled for the plastic look of it alone.

Winters last blog post..Feed Me!

Finn said in May 30th, 2008 at 11:16 pm

These are much better reasons to dump the ad. Except — at the risk of sounding pretentious — it is perfectly acceptable in English to end a sentence in a preposition.

Finns last blog post..In Which I Write Like A Guy

Brandon said in May 31st, 2008 at 2:02 am

Ah yes, the hate couture. I like Dunkin’ Donuts because of their great They Might Be Giants commercials, but buckling to Michelle Malkin is just plain wrong even if that scarf is the most offensive thing ever.

Brandons last blog post..Lebowski Friday – My Final Wishes

kilax said in May 31st, 2008 at 9:44 am

LOL.

I think the said thing is… some people really DO think this way!

kilaxs last blog post..Friday Question #27

Hilly said in May 31st, 2008 at 1:20 pm

I’m totally with you, General Grammar (sorry Finn). I would have preferred to have seen “Feel Good Choices” though cause yanno…TWKS.

shiny said in June 4th, 2008 at 9:12 pm

Winter: In his defense, kudos for his economical shrewdness in this economy. When I worked summer orientation for the University of Maryland, one of my tasks was to get the rolls of free condoms from the health center. Eventually they just gave me a huge box with hundreds of them in it. Since I really wasn’t getting much play at the time, I didn’t see this as a huge opportunity. But I did notice that the expiration dates were several years into the future. So your boss is all set.

Finn: Perhaps. Yet from a style standpoint, I can attest that my eighth grade English teacher, Mrs. Wisotsky, would not be please one bit.

Brandon: Yes! The TMBG commercials! Thanks for reminding me about those — they were awesome. (Our family loves TMBG — from the kids’ albums to their more traditional stuff. Our five year-old son requested that he listen to “Flood” at bedtime tonight.)

kilax: Sad. Scary. I really hope that sometime in the not-too-distant future we look back at this culture of fear and laugh.

Hilly: Really – who would choose “feel awkward choices?”