Karl said in April 25th, 2008 at 1:45 am

Ha, I KNEW social networking was out of hand!

Karl’s last blog post..Shhhh!

Absurdist said in April 25th, 2008 at 11:47 am

I’m with Karl. And your son.

Did you feel okay after running after him? I love the jogging camera.

Absurdist’s last blog post..A Meme: Cuz I haven’t done one in awhile.

Epiphany said in April 25th, 2008 at 12:53 pm

Hey, the Shinylet’s birthday is the day after mine. Yay December!

Very cute video. Smart kid…he knows just when to ignore his dad 😀

Epiphany’s last blog post..Ouch

Metalmom said in April 25th, 2008 at 1:24 pm

But now I’ll never know his favorite Passover food!!

He is such a cutie!!

Metalmom’s last blog post..Oy Vey!

othurme said in April 25th, 2008 at 3:58 pm

Why do I feel like the segment titled “lot’s of boring stuff” was really when Shiny passed out after chasing Little Shiny half a block with a video camera….and do i feel like that’s the footage I really want to see.

othurme’s last blog post..Happy Meal Is An Understatement!

Nat said in April 25th, 2008 at 6:17 pm

Well, your boy and mine share a birthday (The Boy is two years older though.) Kids are quite the workout, I know chasing them with a camcorder was my main reason for taking up running.

Nat’s last blog post..Gone to the dogs

Hilly said in April 26th, 2008 at 10:50 am

Hahaha…..

“they follow themselves”

He’s a smart one, that kid of yours!

Hilly’s last blog post..Where Jester Tries To Get Me On The Adults Only Circuit!

Winter said in April 26th, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Heh. He doesn’t think much of Twitter does he? Which is as it should be. I love that he validated Karl. LOL

Winter’s last blog post..Am I Dreaming?

shiny said in April 27th, 2008 at 8:19 am

Karl, et al.: Yup. My son has a pretty decent grasp on the future where it applies to social interaction. He’s seen social networking sites take up far, far too much of his parents’ time, and he’ll likely lead the rebellion against this type of technology a la Snake Plissken in “Escape from L.A.”*

Epiphany: He’s already evading at a fifth grade level! We’re so proud… And yes! He was expected in 2003 but was born in 2002 — which made it fun to claim him as a dependent for three whole days. 🙂

MetalMom: Thanks! And matzah…

Hilly, Winter: That “they follow themselves” comment is going to be a motivational poster somewhere at some time…

Absurdist, othurme, Nat, and everyone else: Thank you for your concern about my well-being. That was a strong accusation that othurme made about my “chase” around the block. Although I am a major fat-ass, I like to think I can keep up. However, in the full interest of disclosure, I am including the audio portion of the “boring stuff” which I deleted. (I didn’t include the video as it was very shaky.) You’ll find that I sound extremely healthy at the slow jog shared between my son and me.

EDIT: Well, apparently I can’t embed audio in my comments. Have a listen here: http://www.shinystakeout.com/audio/huffpuff.mp3

* not a very good movie at all.

hello haha narf said in April 27th, 2008 at 10:54 am

this blog needs more of the shinylet’s videos. that was fun.

so, what is his favorite passover food??

hello haha narfs last blog post..Dreamin

othurme said in April 27th, 2008 at 1:43 pm

The thoughts and expressions of Othurme are for comical purposes only. These thoughts and expressions are in no way meant to be an accurate depiction of Shiny as a person, parent, or athlete. Any real likenesses to Shiny or any other fat ass is merely coincidental. Please do not take these thoughts and expressions as any real belief of fact or anything real about Shiny in any way. Any questions about these thoughts and expressions can be directed to the law offices of Laypipe & Rammum. Thank you.

othurmes last blog post..Happy Meal Is An Understatement!

trill said in April 28th, 2008 at 3:25 pm

Avi is getting so big! He’s so very patient with you, that’s good to know. Obviously his mother has trained him well.