Epiphany said in April 23rd, 2008 at 5:47 pm

Where can I buy tickets to Shinypalooza? Seriously, it sounds awesome.

And I even remember the song to the “3-2-1 Contact” show. For some reason it pops into my head at random intervals, which is odd because the only episode I really remember is the one where they help raise a circus tent.

Epiphany’s last blog post..Ouch

socKs said in April 23rd, 2008 at 7:31 pm

Don’t worry hon – there is still hope and I’ve got some stuff cooking for yah. Remember, you’re birthday’s not over until you get the last gift, or eat real cake – whichever happens first!

socKs.

Karl said in April 23rd, 2008 at 7:58 pm

I’d definitely travel for Shinypalooza, just based on BNL and Depeche Mode. And “Sports Night” was a great show.

Karl’s last blog post..Getting Needled

socKs said in April 23rd, 2008 at 8:13 pm

Umm… btw… I think you’re looking for this:

Yes. You may now bow down before me. (and while you’re down there, I’d like that foot massage now – thanks!)

..socKs.

Shiny Girl said in April 23rd, 2008 at 9:56 pm

OMG! 3-2-1 Contact! I totally remember the show as a kid growing up! Whoa! Talk about major flashback! I still know how the beat goes, how they say 3-2-1 Contact. Hmph. Can’t believe I forgot all about that up until you blogged about it!

Shinypalooza! What a fantastic name! I like it!

Shiny Girl’s last blog post..Home Sweet Home?

Nat said in April 23rd, 2008 at 10:45 pm

“Let’s make contact…”
I used to love that show.

And I want tickets to Shinypaloohza. If only because I have dreams of molesting Eddie Vedder. (Yes, I’d fight you for him.) 😉

Nat’s last blog post..What warthog?!

Absurdist said in April 24th, 2008 at 9:00 am

Dude, the girl looks like a man. Are you sure about the three-way?

I love the chick from sliders. In fact, I LOVED that show. The original series was awesome. When they brought it back, it sucked. Too bad.

I am broke right now and need to get Robin a wedding present, so I feel terrible that I can’t get you a present, but I want to wish you a happy belated birthday!

Absurdist’s last blog post..A few technical difficulties

shiny said in April 24th, 2008 at 11:27 pm

Epiphany: It was a great theme song. Very post-disco disco. Good stuff…

socKs: I’m just… at a loss for words. How the hell do you do this?

And yes. Massage. Feet. Even though you know how I feel about feet…

Karl: I could see those two jamming for hours. As for Sports Night — It’s out of print, so the price has skyrocketed. But we’re scouring the usual sources for a boxed set at a reasonable price.

Shiny: I suppose I could possibly share the music festival with you as well…

Nat: Wrestling you to get to him is half the fun… 😉

Absurdist: A man? I just don’t see it.

And yes — the series was great when they had it on FOX initially. I felt that it went downhill when Kari Whurer joined the cast.

And don’t worry about the birthday present. Your priorities are fine. Borthdays come once a year, but a person only has 3-10 wedding days. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

hello haha narf said in April 27th, 2008 at 11:01 am

dammit, i missed your birthday! i’m so sorry, shiny. we’ll be sure to raise a glass and celebrate you at tequilacon!

i absolutely LOVED 3-2-1 contact. loved! thanks for the flashback. although now i can’t stop wondering if the bloodhound gang was on that show.

hello haha narfs last blog post..Dreamin

Shiny’s Takeout » Blog Archive » I Love the 80s… said in June 26th, 2008 at 1:44 pm

[…] that post where I told you all about all of the wonderful things I wanted to get for my birthday? Well, I have some bittersweet news:  I didn’t get the hybrid SUV. Nor did I get a […]