Absurdist said in April 4th, 2008 at 6:24 pm

Your freewrite is VERY FOCUSED! I didn’t go to the links yet, but what’s with the removal of abortion? Who’s running this site? If you look for RU-486 does nothing come up? No education is worse than any education. Let’s keep everyone in the dark. **sigh**

Absurdist’s last blog post..The ?Edward? Story

Epiphany said in April 4th, 2008 at 7:02 pm

I didn’t forget about Friday Freewrite, I promise! I just didn’t get a chance to do mine last week. But I did one today. Woo!

Chelle was right, yours is very focused 🙂

Epiphany said in April 4th, 2008 at 7:04 pm

Oh, and to comment on the actual comment…if nobody knows what an abortion is, of course no one will get one. Just like if kids don’t know anything about sex, they won’t have it.

*insert sarcasm here, with much rolling of eyes*

Right.

The scariest part about this, to me, is that it was a condition of their FEDERAL funding. It’s not that they wouldn’t get a grant from a specific private organization unless they did it…federal funding, people! Tell me again that old antiquated phrase about “the separation of church and state”? I seem to remember that somewhere…

shiny said in April 4th, 2008 at 9:37 pm

Absurdist and Epiphany: I’ve just updated the blog entry. Turns out that the Dean of the School of Public Health saw the protests from many and has directed the administrators of the database to restore the functionality of “abortion” as a search word. Read about it above…

And yup — this was very focused. I read it only moments before I locked myself in the training room to blog. It just really incensed me. But then again — as I mentioned above, it’s a subject about which you’ll find many who are passionate.

ePiph — I’ll link to yours as well. 🙂

Metalmom said in April 6th, 2008 at 1:36 am

I did remember about Freewrite but I was away with Babygirl on our class trip to the Art Museum. I’ll be back at it next week.

Nice job, BTW!

Metalmom’s last blog post..If I Were To Write a Post

shiny said in April 6th, 2008 at 11:30 am

MetalMom: Thanks! Museum trips trump all, I understand. It’s a rule in our home as well. 🙂